Fair Work Act 2009
The Fair Work Act 2009 has fundamentally changed the Australian workplace relations system. Key elements of the system are as follows:
- a legislated minimum safety net of 10 National Employment Standards
- the creation of modern awards
- revised enterprise bargaining arrangements
- streamlined protections dealing with workplace rights (including protection against discrimination) and industrial activities, and unfair dismissal
- two agencies to regulate the system: Fair Work Commission and the Fair Work Ombudsman.
Copyright © 2020 pendlebury | workplace law